Monday, May 10, 2010

Two Strikes and still at the plate

One more week under my belt and a bit smaller belt to boot. This has been a pretty good week for me. I exercised every morning and 4 of the 5 nights. I am finding it a lot easier to get up and exercise, and feeling more ready for bed earlier. Maybe what is written in D&C 88:124 has some relevance. "cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated."
I can tell you that I do feel better when I exercise.. I have found it difficult to eat all the calories that are allotted to me in my loseit app on my iPod touch when I do exercise twice a day. I have found choosing better foods has been easier.. Those cookies stayed in the package when they were passed to me. Water has also began to be OK to drink.. For a guy that has always hated water, I am finding myself choosing it over milk at most meals.
I did learn an important lesson... I went out and purchased a new scale that would give me the tenths in weight. I was excited to get it home and go through the set up.. Then came the time to try it out.. What is up with that? The new scale weighed me two pounds heavier than my old one. I even set them side by side and it was a fact. This was discouraging until I realized that I still lost weight over last week.. I weighed in at 254.7 But I am going to keep this focus in check..
The real issue has been my blood pressure. I have seen a consistent decline in my blood pressure over the past two weeks. I have even had a few readings that put me in the normal range... Imagine me "Normal". My blood sugar levels have also been in the normal range throughout most days. This is a great feeling to not be diabetic.. I need to continue to move away from the factors that would lead me to that disease.
I did have an experience when my wife and I went to lunch on Friday. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and was very disappointed in the choices. I had a tostada but when I left, I was very hungry.. I went home and had those 'munchie' feelings. I did eat at home but found that I had consumed too much. I told my wife that we probably will have to be more picky on where we eat.
We did have a great day at Lagoon (except for the dizzy headache) on Saturday. We planned ahead of time and brought with us healthy options. I had my pedometer on and at the end of the day I had nearly 12,000 steps. I was definitely tired.. I did miss my morning exercise though!! and then on Sunday we had a nice Mother's Day filled with visiting, Church and a wonderful concert but no exercise. I really felt sluggish at the end of the day.
I am going in the right direction, but I am reminded that Mt. Everest has never been climbed in one step.. I know that I am on the beginning of a journey that will last for the rest of my life, the timing for my end will be partially determined by the diligence in which I have to these changes. I WILL MAKE IT!!
THANKS NAN.!!!!.. It makes this a lot easier with your support and help.

1 comment: